Ground-breaking new Australian designed and manufactured medical technology wins the highest accolade which an engineering project can receive from Engineers Australia – The Sir William Hudson Award.
Cylite’s HP-OCT™ an Australian researched, designed, and manufactured ophthalmic diagnostic technology is close to launching their novel technology both locally and internationally. Technology that will go head-to-head in an area dominated by multinational incumbents from Germany, Japan, and the USA.
- Founded in 2013, the company is led by some of Australia’s most experienced engineers and scientists* drawn from the fields of photonics, optics, instrumentation, and software development.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive imaging technique used every day by Ophthalmologists and Optometrists to investigate, diagnose and manage patients with ocular conditions.
- Approximately 90% of blindness and vision impairment among both Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians is preventable or treatable if detected early.
- The total economic cost of vision loss in Australia is estimated to be $16.6 billion in 2009 or $28,905 per person with vision loss aged over 40, this figure is also predicted to double by 2020.2
- Cylite has continued to engineer, manufacture, and scale their operations (almost doubling the employees in the past 12 months) during the harsh Victorian COVID-19 second wave lock down.
If people want to read more, you can always link to our website https://www.cyliteoptics.com/